Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Ancient Practices

This is an excellent series of books edited by Phyllis Tickle and written by some of today's best known contemporary writers, such as Brian McLaren and Scot McKnight. I strongly recommend this series for all Christians and I hope to blog on all of them, beginning with

The Liturgical Year by Joan Chittister Read my review here

Other titles I have read are:
Finding Our Way Again by Brian D. McLaren This is the introduction to the series and obviously the best place to start. The rest are in the order I have read them:

In Constant Prayer by Robert Benson


Sabbath by Dan Allender

The above are the ones I have already read, while the one below is on my "next to read" shelf,

Fasting by Scot McKnight

You won't regret reading any of these and I strongly recommend they go onto your Christmas list, Birthday list or Just Spoil Me list.