Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wesley's Prayers for Children 5

Morning Prayer
O THOU Father of all mercies, and God of all goodness, I praise and bless thy name for
thy mercies and favours unto me in the night past, and for bringing me safe to behold the
light of a new day. Send down thy heavenly grace into my soul, that I may be enabled to
worship thee and serve thee as I ought to do. Enable me to believe in thee, to fear thee,
and to love thee with all my heart, and mind, and soul, and strength; that I may honour
thy holy name and word, and serve thee truly, this, and all the days of my life. Give me
thy grace, that I may love all mankind as myself, and do unto all, as I would they should
do unto me. Enable me to love and honour my parents, obey my superiors, and submit to
all my teachers. Suffer me not to hurt any body by word or deed. Make me just and
honest in all my dealings. Let me not bear any malice or hatred in my heart. Keep my
hands from picking and stealing, my tongue from evil speaking, lying, and slandering;
keep my body in temperance, soberness, and chastity; that I may not covet any person’s
goods, but learn and labour to get my own living, and to do my duty in the state of life
wherein it shall please thee to place me. Direct me so to pass through things temporal,
that I may not finally lose the things which are eternal, but at last be received into thy
presence, where is fulness of joy, and be seated at thy right hand, where are pleasures for
evermore, through Jesus Christ my Saviour. Amen.